You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.
I would like to see an apartment, how do I set that up?
- PepZee Realty only shows apartments to approved applicants. Detailed photos and information is available for you to view on our website. You can also visit our office located at 1013 North Main St., Dayton, Ohio 45405. Take away flyers are available.
Does PepZee Realty accept pets?
PepZee Realty accepts up to two pets at most single family homes. Apartments may have one pet and are allowed only at selected buildings. Animals that have been individually determined as vicious are not permitted. Pets can weigh no more than 40 pounds at maturity.
- Renter’s insurance is required. You will need to provide photos of your pet(s), proof of registration (for animals that are required to be registered by law), and proof of renter’s insurance before signing your lease and pet addendum.
How much does PepZee Realty charge for having a pet?
- A $350 pet privelege fee is required for the first pet and a $200 privelege fee for a second pet. Pet privilege fees are not refundable. A monthly pet fee of $30 per pet per month is added to the monthly unit rent.
Does PepZee Realty accept subsidies?
- Yes. PepZee Realty accepts many different types of subsidies, however not all properties qualify for subsidies.
How long does it take for PepZee Realty to approve my application?
- It typically takes 3-5 business days to process a completed application. All required documentation and the application fee must be provided to PepZee Realty when submitting your application in order to begin processing. We will call you if we need additional information and when your application has been approved or denied.
- NOTE: Without all the required documents we will not be able to process your application.
Does PepZee Realty ever refund the application fee?
- No. The application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. No exceptions.
Does PepZee Realty run a credit check?
- Yes. PepZee runs a background check that includes credit. However, decisions are not based on a credit score.
How long is the lease agreement at PepZee Realty?
- Apartments: 1-year lease
- Single family homes and duplexes: 2-year lease (Renter’s Insurance required)
Does PepZee Realty accept co-signers on a lease?
- In some cases, yes. Co-signers and guarantors must have good, verifiable rental or mortgage history for the past 5 years, a credit score of 600+, and a debt to income ratio of 50%. Co-signers and guarantors will be considered for applicants who meet the income, employment, and criminal background criteria but have no rental history.
Can I make a payment arrangement for a deposit on an apartment or home?
- No. Deposit must be paid in full.
Can I put down a deposit before my application is approved?
- No. We will not accept a deposit until you have viewed and accepted the apartment or house.
If I put down a deposit and change my mind, is my deposit refunded?
- No. By signing the Deposit Agreement, you are committing to signing a lease with PepZee Realty. In turn, we will no longer advertise the unit as available to rent. The deposit is forfeited as liquidated damages.
When do I get utilities turned on?
- When you have paid the security deposit and signed the Deposit Agreement and Utility Agreement. Utilities must be in the leaseholder’s name. You must have utilities on in your name and confirmed active before we will schedule a lease signing. No utilities, no keys.
Do utilities have to be in my name?
- Yes. The individual(s) signing the lease must have utilities in their name. They cannot be in a relatives or a friend’s name. No exceptions.
If I rent a single family home, do I have an option to buy?
- Yes! We do have a rent to own program after you have completed the initial lease term. These options can be discussed when you are near the end of your lease.
Does PepZee Realty buy homes?
- Yes! We are always looking to buy homes all over the Miami Valley area. Please feel free to call our office during normal business hours at 937-275-0001 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask us. Our goal to make your move as easy and stress free as possible. Thank you for inquiring with us and we look forward to assisting you with your new home.